Adoption can provide financial stress on adoptive family applicants. A few forward-thinking companies understand the pressure for families and for children that live without a permanent home, and they platform for the adoption. Without providing homes for children in need, there can be unintended outcomes of pressure on social services, making adoption a very worthy philanthropic cause. These are the benefits that they have structured into their culture of charity and policies.
Charitable Companies that Embrace the Adoption Cause
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is a non-profit organization dedicated to finding homes for children waiting in foster care system. The organization was created by Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas. He was adopted as a child, and he created the organization to provide grants for adoption programs that raise awareness and make adoptions more affordable. Every year the organization releases its top ten list of best companies that platform for adoption.
- The Wendy’s company offers up to six weeks of paid adoption leave to their employees and up to $25,300 in adoption assistance. Their motto is “Every child will have a permanent home and a loving family”.
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a multinational company on the list and they offer financial assistance or reimbursement up to $25,000 and five weeks of paid leave for adoption.
- Citizens Financial Group offer adoption-related assistance to both colleagues and customers. The company offers financial assistance as much as $22,970 and up to one week of paid leave.
- HanesBrands, an American clothing company based in North Carolina offers employees $15,000 in adoption benefits. They also provide two weeks paid leave and additional benefits for special-needs adoptions.
- New York Life Insurance company offer $10,000 in adoption reimbursement and paid leave for both the primary and the secondary caregiver.
- Abbott healthcare industry provides adoption benefits up to $20,000 and up to two weeks of paid time for legal and travel needs as well as paid maternity and paternity leaves.
- Barilla America Inc. offers their workers a maximum financial assistance of as much as $16,000 and 2 weeks of paid leave for adoption.
- Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson LLP is a firm specializing in consulting and accounting. They offer $15,000 for adoption assistance and even ten weeks of paid leave.
These companies offer such great benefits to make sure that every child finds a loving home. If you want to find out is your company on the list, click here.
#November is #adoptionawarenessmonth. Share, support and, celebrate #adoption with us @LifelongAdpt