One of the most fulfilling parts of the adoption process is choosing an adoptive family for your baby. LifeLong Adoptions only works with families who have been approved to adopt a baby in the United States. All of our adoptive families have been fully pre-screened; had FBI background checks; and are physically, emotionally, and financially ready to provide a safe, stable, and loving home for your baby to grow up in. If you’d like to have a closed adoption and would rather not choose the adoptive family, we would be happy to pick a family for you.
Many expectant mothers ask us how to choose an adoptive family. The answer is different for every expectant mother, but it always starts with asking what’s important to you in a family. This will help you pick a family that best reflects your hopes and dreams for your baby. Here are a few questions to think about as you start looking through family profiles.
- Are you open to a single-parent household or would you prefer a two-parent household?
- Are you open to a gay, lesbian, and/or trans family?
- What kind of values and views on parenting are you looking for in a family?
- Is the family’s religion or spiritual beliefs important to you?
- Do you want your baby to have siblings or be an only child?
- Is the size of the family’s extended family important to you?
- What hobbies and interests would you like the family to have?
- What life experiences would you like your baby to have growing up?
- Does it matter to you whether one or both parents work outside the home?
- How much time per day would you prefer your baby spend with a nanny or at daycare?
- Would you prefer the family live within a reputable school district?
- Do you prefer a family in a specific city or state?
- Do you want the adoptive family to have friends and/or relatives that live nearby?
No matter what you are looking for in an adoptive family, LifeLong Adoptions believes there is a family out there that is a perfect fit for you and your baby. Ready to start your search? Feel free to use our Family Finder or just look through our adoptive family profiles. We can also mail you a selection of printed profiles for you to review.