Statistics show that more and more birthparents are considering LGBT families over traditional opposite-sex couples. To complement the facts, an abundance of materials have been published to educate birthparents, adoptive parents, and society about gay adoption and parenting.
- Overview of Lesbian and Gay Parenting, Adoption and Foster Care
- Facts for Families Guide: Children with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Parents
- Gay Parents: Just As Good for Kids, and With Added Benefits
- Major New Study Finds Kids Raised By Same-Sex Couples Are “Healthier And Happier”
- More Evidence That Kids of Gay Parents Do Just Fine
- Gay Parents As Good As Straight Ones
- Equality in Marriage May Not Bring Equality in Adoption
- 5 Scientific Reasons Gay Parents Are Awesome
- I’ve got two dads — and they adopted me
- Gay Parents Effects on Children
- Raising adopted children: How parents cooperate matters more than gay or straight
- The New Nuclear Family: What gay marriage means for the future of parenthood
- Queers as Folk: Does it really make no difference if your parents are straight or gay?
- Most Americans Say Same-Sex Couples Entitled to Adopt
- American Academy of Pediatrics Supports Same Gender Civil Marriage
Disclaimer: At LifeLong Adoptions, we educate birthparents about LGBT parenting whenever possible, and send all LGBT family profiles to birthparents unless they specifically ask not to.